Fish Steak / Adobo Fish
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 to 3 medium sized onion, sliced into semi circles or rings
Boneless bangus (belly or back) – 1/2 kg
3 tbsps calamansi juice
6 tbsps soy sauce
3 tbsps water
1 tsp of muscovado sugar
a dash of black pepper
- Heat oil.
- Add boneless bangus.
- Shallow fry until the meat is cooked (opaque).
- Add onion slices on top of the fish, simmer for a while.
- When onions are almost transparent, add mixed calamasi juice, soy sauce, water and sugar.
- Season with black pepper.
- Simmer until sauce is less than half of original volume, thick and shiny.
- Enjoy! 😉
My mom used to cook this using fried bangus (diagonally sliced) and I used to like this also when I was a kid, except for all the fish bones (tinik)… good thing boneless bangus was already invented. 😉