This is a personal favorite. It requires very few ingredients but brings out a symphony of flavors. This is also very versatile, it can be served during simple dinner or be part of the entrees in a house party. And it’s also very easy to cook.
1 tbsp cooking oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium sized onion, chopped
Pork cubes (pigue or kasim) – 1/2 kg (fat trimmed)
3 tbsps calamansi juice
6 tbsps soy sauce
1 cup water
8 to 10 pcs baby potatoes, washed and cleaned
1 small can Reno Liver Spread
Boiled Eggs – optional
- Saute garlic and onions in heated oil.
- Add pork cubes.
- Stir and simmer until the pork is cooked (opaque) add mixed calamasi juice and soy sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add water, baby potatoes and liver spread.
- Simmer until the sauce is thick, potatoes are done and pork is tender.
- Add boiled egg before serving.
- Enjoy! 😉
Beef can also be used in this recipe. For a fancy version, a whole chunk of beef or pork may be used, paired with mashed potato and steamed veggies.