Another nostalgic recipe from my mom.
Luto sa catsup na manok:
1 tbsp cooking oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium sized onion, chopped
3 pcs small sized potatoes, cut into half
Chicken cutlets, your choice of part (adobo cut) – 1/2 kg.
UFC banana catsup – 150 grams
1/2 cup water
- Saute garlic and onions in heated oil.
- Add chicken, stir and simmer for a while.
- When the chicken turns opaque/white, add the banana catsup.
- Add water and potatoes. Simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are done and the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper (optional)
- Enjoy! 😉
This is exactly how my mom used to cook this dish. I remember that this was her prepared dish when she had to leave me (alone) in our house for the first time; I was 12 years old then. She had to rush to the hospital upon learning that my father was in ICU.