If you are Pinoy, for sure you have tasted Lucky Me Pancit Canton. And probably you would agree with me that it’s delicious and perhaps you have your own favorite among its variants.
Well, I’d like to share my most raved (by my husband) pancit canton formulation. I made a series of trials and tests before I perfected this formula. My husband calls this ONE SET. This set is enough to satisfy his pancit canton cravings and to add love points for me. Here is the detailed formulation and procedure.
Eat moderately 😉
2 packs Lucky Me Pancit Canton Original
1 pack Lucky Me Pancit Canton Extra Hot
4 to 5 pcs Calamansi, depending on the size, equivalent to 1 ½ tbsp. of calamansi juice.
- Boil water enough for the 3 packs of noodles.
- While waiting for the water to boil, combine the seasoning powder and oil in a large bowl.
- Extract Juice from calamansi, and combine it to the seasoning powder and oil mixture.
- Stir well until no visible lumps and the powder is completely dissolved.
- Set aside.
- When the water is boiling, put in the noodles.
- Cook until al dente. Do not over cook the noodles.
- When noodles are cooked, turn off the heat and collect the noodles using a kitchen tongs.
- Put is directly in the bowl with seasoning mixture.
- Mix thoroughly until all noodles are coated with sauce (indicator: uniform color of the noodles).
- Serve immediately.